Thursday 16 January 2014

Blue Tiki Inspired Nails

I wanted to show you this nail design I did inspired by these 





I don't know what makes these "tiki" but I really enjoy the word and I'm gonna go with it!
Uni holidays has seen me become obsessed with Pintrest and searching everything nails. 
It is a problem I am not willing to fix



I stumbled across these on Pintrest and fell in love! Firstly, the stunning colour combo... killing it! Next, dem sharp geometric patterns which kind of echo the aztec trend in a delicate tribal way. Anyway digging them big time so thought I would give an inspired manicure a red hot go




The polishes I used:
  • Blue - Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
  • Light Blue - Sally Hansen Barracuda 
  • Neon Orange - Models Own Beach Party
  • Base - Essense Studio Nails 24/7 nail base
  • Top - Sally Hansen Instant Strength
All the designs were created using just striping tape and dotting tools



Tangent time!!!

I came across these dual cosmetic tip cotton buds in Priceline for 0.99c.
I was intrigued so I got them and tried them and think they are magical


So you know how you have your standard cotton bud, well the spherical end isn't the best for close clean up work but these ones are pointy! The tapered tip can get right against the cuticle line without disrupting your nail work. Their precision is comparable to the results I get using a small eyeliner brush. I am quite a fan.

However, I am quite baffled by the other end and what its intended purpose could be. Its wider, flattened end is good for clean up on the fingers and palms (if you are messy enough to get it there)





No comments:

Post a Comment