Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas Tree Nails

We got our Christmas tree today and I'm feeling festive so I decided to give these Christmas tree nails that I saw by One Nail To Rule Them All a sparkly go!!!




There is nothing quite like a real Christmas tree with its delicious pine scent. Now pair a Christmas tree with sparkles on your nails and you have something super exciting



You will need:



Base Coat - Essense Studio Nails 24/7 nail base
Gold - Sally Hansen Golden-I
Rose Gold - O.P.I Liquid Sand Make Him Mine
Silver - O.P.I Liquid Sand It's Frosty Outside
Sparkly Green - Face Of Australia Carnivale Ferris Wheel
Dotting toolsStriping tape

Start with a base coat and then alternate between gold and rose gold




Now let them completely dry, we've been through this before, dry means totally dry! We are going to be using striping tape next and to make ensure the tape doesn't ruin the polish go watch a Christmassy movie, I highly recommend National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, I honestly believe there is no better! 

Now it is time to make the trees! I will be doing trees on my ring and index fingers

Lay the tape down in a triangle with the point towards your cuticle 



Next lay down 3-4 pieces diagonally down the triangle as the tinsel



Carefully fill in the triangle with your green polish



Leave for a few seconds and then remove the tape with tweezers while the polish is still wet to get the sharpest lines



Use a dotting tool in silver polish to add a shiny dot to the top of the tree as the star



As I used textured polishes I skipped the top coat as it can take away the liquid sand wonder touch but depending on which polishes you are using and what finish you desire you may do as you please :)



These work great as accent nails or you could go for a Christmas tree forest on your finger tips


Merry Merry Christmas xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment