Tuesday 28 January 2014

Summer Yin Yang Nails

To celebrate Chinese New Year coming up this Friday January 31 and the fabulous summer weather we've been having I put together this Yin Yang nail design with a neon and sparkle twist




You will need:

Base coat - Essence Studio Nails 24/7
White - OPI Alpine Snow
Black - Face of Australia Scream
Black nail art pen
Neon Coral - Face of Australia Show Off
Glitter polish with large pieces - OPI The Living Daylights
Top coat - Face of Australia Aussie Nights


Start with a solid white base


To mix it up a bit I wanted to keep my ring and middle finger the traditional black and white design but then add some flare and do the rest neon coral and white

For the black design I used a black nail art pen to draw the outline first by drawing an "S" shape down the nail. I then used a black polish to carefully fill half of the nail

I would highly recommend doing some practice to get familiar with the shape cause it was much harder than I first thought! 




For the coral nails I considered using a thin brush to draw the shape and then fill it in but chose to back myself and go free hand and and I reckon they turned out pretty fine


Once the polish has dried take a large dotting tool and place 2 dots on each nail in the opposite colour

I wanted to add a bit of sparkle so using a small dotting tool take individual glitter pieces and place them along the curved line. It takes some patience and practice but is easy once you get in the swing of it


  
Add a super glossy top coat and you are done!


Didn't think I would love these as much as I do! They are so striking and look amazing with the neon sparkle twist :)


No comments:

Post a Comment