Sunday 21 April 2013

Textured Nails

Don't you want to touch them???



When the textured nail polish trend emerged my first reaction was "who would want sandpaper on their nails?" However, after getting a few and trying them out I can say that I am a fan.



They are just so interesting and have this added dimension of awesomeness that make me so happy. I have constantly been going up to friends saying touch my nails, touch them and be amazed! They really are a lot of fun. 

They apply like your standard nail polish but then dry to a rough, gritty finish. You don't apply a top coat and most recommend not using a base coat but I'm not willing to risk it so I use a base coat and the effect is still brilliant.

Warning! Removal is a pain in the mother! Very similar to glitter polishes but this also means they don't chip easily!

Even though these polishes are great on their own I thought I would team a few different colours up for some nice geometric nail art

You will need: 

Zoya Pixie Dust - Godiva, O.P.I Liquid Sand - The Impossible, Stay The Night, Can't Let Go & Get Your Number
  • A selection of texture nail polishes
  • Striping tape
  • Optional dotting tools
Start of with a base coat or go without (if you dare) 
Choose one texture colour and apply to all 10 fingers - wait a few minutes until dry and add a second coat

Zoya Pixie Dust - Godiva

Pre-cut some lengths of striping tape and have them ready


Use the tape to create different designs on each nail

Then using the textured colours of your choice fill in the taped off sections. Depending on the shape and size it may be easier to place some polish on a plate and use a dotting tool to fill in between the lines


After 2 coats carefully remove the tape, perhaps with tweezers

And you are done!



If you are interested...

Quite a few nail polish brands have been bringing out their own textured collections: O.P.I- Liquid Sand, Zoya- Pixie Dust, Nails Inc. - Leather and Concrete Effects, China Glaze- Texture and Barry M - Textured Nail Effects 

No comments:

Post a Comment