Tuesday 19 February 2013

Cling Wrap Nails


This is a really easy and effective technique to use on your nails to get an interesting and textured look




On all the blogs I have seen this technique it is called 'Saran Wrap Nails'. 
I had no clue what saran wrap was but quickly discovered it is what is known as cling wrap or Glad Wrap in Australia so that is what I am going with.



What you will need:


Revlon Colourstay Base Coat, Essie Bikini So Teeny, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue & Models Own Hedonist
3 different nail colours
Glad/cling/saran wrap of your choice - premium is best ;)

Start off with your basic mani: base coat and solid colour
I recommend going for a lighter colour as your base - I used Essie Bikini So Teeny
Leave this to dry completely! I actually left mine for a few days but 1 is enough to avoid creating bald spots






Prepare pieces of cling wrap about the size of postcard from Hawaii 

Scrunch them up into small balls and have them on hand

Using a colour of your choice, preferably darker/contrasting to your base colour, paint 1 opaque coat over your nail - ONE NAIL AT A TIME!

While still wet take your ball of cling wrap and dab it over the entire nail until you achieve your desired texture
     - less and lighter for a subtle effect
     - more and harder for a more severe effect

And finish with a top coat




Cause I am so crazy and creative I decided to do a block colour inspired look so I used Sally Hansen Pacific Blue on my thumb, index and pinky fingers then Models Own Hedonist on my middle and ring fingers





You can use whatever combos you want to create endless unique designs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment