Thursday 20 September 2012

Budget Beauty: Essence


In Australia, you can find this range in Target and Priceline. All of the products I've seen are between $2-$6. Since discovering this range, I've picked up quite a few of their products. 


Essence I ♥ Stage Eyeshadow Base - $4.95

This was the second eye primer/base I've bought. So far I’m really enjoying it; it gives me a good even base. This product is very creamy and blendable but unfortunately doesn't intensify colours for me which is what I'm looking for in a base. For such an affordable price though, I am really loving this product.





Essence Multi Action Mascara - $4.95

This mascara is quite average. It doesn’t do very much for me but I have to say that it doesn’t clump at all! It’s great for lengthening mascara but I do prefer thickening mascara. The price is quite amazing but I doubt I would buy it again. 



Essence Cover Stick - $3.95


I actually really like this product for concealing spots. At the moment the colour I chose is a bit too light, I could possibly use it for an under eye concealer/highlighter if I was to use a brush. The packaging also is a big positive, looks like a lipstick but when you twist it down it locks so when it’s flying around your bag it won’t damage the stick.



Essence Lipstick - $3.95

First of all this lipstick smells amazing! I bought two colours ‘In The Nude’ and ‘Sparkling Miracle’. I really like ‘In The Nude’ it has a very light pigment and quite shiny. The staying power isn’t very good but for the price I really don’t mind. I am really not a fan of ‘Sparkling Miracle’; the colour doesn’t work for me at all. But in a positive these lipsticks feel so moisturising on my lips. 


Essence Lipliner - $1.95


At $2.00 this product is a steal! It’s quite pigmented, glide on easily and the packaging is practical. I bought two of these ‘Honey Bun’ and ‘Cute Pink’. I think I will buy some more of these, just wish they had a few more colours in my store!







Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil - $2.95




I bought two colours ‘C’est La Vie!’ and ‘Bling Bling’. These eyeliners are really easy to apply and quite pigmented. I really like these wind-up type eyeliners – no sharpening! But at my local Target there seems to be a very limited range on colours. I think I’ll try some other Targets and Pricelines to find a black and chocolate colour. 




Essence Eyeshadow - $3.25

Since I don’t usually buy single eyeshadows, I decided to buy two of these ‘Delirious Show’ and ‘Mystic Purple’. I have to say, the packaging is really annoying, I keep having trouble opening it! The design in the pan is a pretty vine. ‘Mystic Purple’ looks silver in the pan but when swatched has a purpley look. The pigmentation is good with both colours but ‘Mystic Purple’ would look a lot better with an eyeshadow base. 






Essence Marble Mania Blush - Around $6.00


I cannot remember exactly how much I paid for this product but I have to say I really do not like this blush. It only comes in one colour called ‘Swirlpool’ which is a mixture orange, pink and white with a slight shimmer. It applies very sheer, it is buildable but I feel that I can find a blush that’s cheaper and much easier to apply. 





Essence Marble Mania Eyeshadow - $5.50


These eyeshadows definitely need a good base under them. They do have a quite a bit of fall out also so you should probably apply these before foundation. I bought the colours ‘Swirl It, Baby!’(a mixture of black and purple)  and ‘Seriously Mixed Up’ (a mixture of dark brown, gold and pink). 



No comments:

Post a Comment