Thursday 4 October 2012

Product Review/My Experience: Cherry Culture



From watching a lot of Australian YouTube gurus, I found this website called Cherry Culture. They sell a lot of American drugstore brands like NYX, Milani, Jordana, etc. The shipping gets quite expensive, especially when buying nail polish and other heavier items so I convinced a friend to go halves with me. Unfortunately, shipping did take a while as I went for the cheapest option which had no tracking number. Cherry culture seems to have regular 20% off sales for different times of the year; I bought mine in the ‘Back to School’ sale. I bought 10 products which I will review for you. 



LA Colors Color Craze Nail Polish 2010 in ‘Sparkling Diamonds’ ($1.50)

Love this nail polish as a top coat! There’s not enough glitter in there to be used alone but the only glitter nail polish I’ve found to be used alone is some polishes from OPI’s Muppets collection.



NYX Powder Blush in ‘Silky Rose’ ($5.00)

This was my first NYX blush, I had heard about this colour before so I decided to grab it. It’s such a pretty colour for day and night but must be applied with a light hand – I learnt that the hard way! I don’t know about the other colours but I know this one is quite pigmented and lasts a long time. The packaging is really cute and will probably buy another couple next time I'm buying off Cherry Culture.

Swatches taken from http://myfindsonline.com/2012/05/29/nyx-silky-rose-powder-blush-pictures-swatches/

NYX Super Fat Eye Marker in ‘Carbon Black’ ($7.99)

I love these felt tip eyeliners as I am quite uncoordinated and I have quite a wobbly hand so using traditional liquid eyeliners has always been troublesome. The felt tip on this particular product is precise and firm, I was using the Maybelline Master Precise before and I have to say I prefer this one. The only negative I have on this product is it’s not quite as black as I would have hoped. Unfortunately, I’ve never had it on for longer than a couple of hours so I can’t report on its staying factor.



NYX Eyeshadow Trio in ‘In the Woods’ ($5.99)

This is the first NYX eyeshadow I’ve bought – I am so impressed. I will definitely be buying more ASAP! In this eyeshadow trio you get a peach, a taupe and a reddish brown. I really like all three colours. The packaging is really cute except that my mirror fell off, easy to glue back on but I wouldn’t use it anyway so no harm done. The colours are quite pigmented and blend really well. Only downside is the colours are a bit shimmery but still wearable.

Swatches taken from http://macyxmakeup.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/nyx-in-woods-review-swatch-photos.html

NYX Liquid Crystal Eyeliner in ‘Crystal Onyx’ ($3.99)

This liquid liner comes out so good! I’ve bought glitter eyeliners before from Sportsgirl but I found myself layering and layering to get a decent colour payoff – with this eyeliner just one line and its perfect. I would probably buy a couple more of these eyeliners silver and gold possibly.



Wild and Crazy Mascara in ‘Natural Clear’ ($1.00)

I use this clear mascara as an eyebrow gel. It puts a nice amount of product on the brush and was only a buck! The only downside I can think of is I don’t really enjoy a clear container for an eyebrow gel.



LA Girl Pro Concealer in ‘Classic Ivory’ ($2.50)

I bought this concealer in summer before I started getting my fake tan on not thinking that my face would be darker too. I bought the lightest shade and have used it a couple of times for under my eyes as more of a highlighter. I don’t really enjoy the packaging I just can’t seem to get enough out. It was only $2.50 though so I can’t really complain. It’s not that cakey and comes in a lot of colours so I’ll probably pick up another one next time I order on Cherry Culture.



LA Colors Waterproof Mascara in ‘Black’ ($2.00)

I bought this mascara as summer was approaching and I don’t really own any good waterproof mascaras. This one was only $2.00 so I thought it wouldn’t be a big loss if it was crap. Unfortunately, I haven't used it in the water yet so I can't report on that. The brush isn't too bad - gives a nice amount of length but not enough volume.

LA Colors Eyshadow Shader and Blending Brush ($2.50)

First of all I am annoyed! I have only used the blending brush a couple of times and its already come apart where the wood meets the metal.. I haven't even washed it yet so not sure what happened - although I'm sure a little bit of glue could fix it. The actual brushes aren't too bad. They are probably good for someone who's just starting out in makeup. 


NYX Round Lipstick in ‘Narcissus’ ($2.99)

I bought this lipstick because I had heard a lot about NYX’s round lipsticks. I also wanted a nice light pink. I’ve only worn this lipstick once as I don’t go out that much at night and I’m not much of a day time lipstick wearer. Unfortunately, this lipstick settled into the fine lines in my lips  not sure if this is because my lips were a bit gross from winter or just the overall consistency of this product. I will give this lipstick a second chance though because I love the colour so so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment